Jewish Legal Aid’s free referral service is designed to assist you in obtaining legal representation at discounted rates.
By using this service and contacting Jewish Legal Aid, you acknowledge and agree to all of the following terms and conditions:
- Jewish Legal Aid is designed to help connect community members with an attorney. It is not designed for those who already have a lawyer.
- This service is provide free of charge.
- Jewish Legal Aid is a referral service only. Jewish Legal Aid does not undertake representation, endorse any attorney, establish or monitor rates, or guarantee any representation, result, or action. Your contact with Jewish Legal Aid and use of its service does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
- It is your responsibility to contact an attorney if you wish to move forward with your claims. You are not limited to the attorneys referred through this service, and you are not obligated to engage or contact any particular attorney.
- Your claims may require immediate attention to avoid missing potential filing or statutory deadlines. Therefore, you cannot rely on Jewish Legal Aid to respond to your referral request in time to meet a deadline. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this service.
- Attorneys have agreed to provide a free initial consultation (up to 30 minutes) if appropriate. Jewish Legal Aid does not have funding to provide any direct legal services. Jewish Legal Aid reserves the right to determine whether a consultation is appropriate under certain circumstances.
- Attorneys may choose not to represent you due to a conflict of interest or other considerations.
- Attorneys are responsible for setting rates for their legal services and for any actions they take after you contact them. Please let the attorney know you received his/her name through Jewish Legal Aid.
- Participating attorneys have agreed to extend a discount on their fees if they choose to represent you.
- Jewish Legal Aid does not guarantee referrals and has the right to process referrals, refuse to process referrals, and use the information you provide as it deems appropriate. In certain circumstances, Jewish Legal Aid may direct you to community services in place of a list of attorneys.
- By supplying your email address and/or phone number, you grant Jewish Legal Aid permission to contact you.
- By contacting Jewish Legal Aid and/or using its service, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold Jewish Legal Aid and its founders, officers, supporters, and agents harmless from any and all claims, disputes, actions, liabilities, costs and expenses, arising in any way from your use of the service, communications with Jewish Legal Aid, and/or any representation obtained or action undertaken as a result of your use of the service. Nothing herein limits a participating attorney’s liability for malpractice or your right to report a participating attorney to appropriate professional authorities. If you have any questions regarding this notice, you should seek the advice of independent legal counsel. Any claim against Jewish Legal Aid or its founders, officers, supporters, and agents is subject to mandatory arbitration, and the user of the service shall be responsible for all fees, costs, and expenses associated with arbitration.
- You understand that Jewish Legal Aid is acting in reliance on your adherence to these terms and conditions at all times.